Saturday, October 27, 2018

Greg's West End Tavern (Allentown, PA) - Cheesesteak


I have decided that since I will not be in the Chicagoland area for several months (I think?) that I would add the Eastern PA style beef sandwich, the cheesesteak, to the blog.  For those of you who may not be familiar with what a cheesesteak is you can check it out here.

My first entry is from Greg's West End Saloon in Allentown, PA.  You can visit their website here.

A few of my cousins asked me to come out and meet them today for a few beers, some college football, and some lunch.  At $5.75 this is a decent sandwich with a nice flavored beef and a good mix of cheese in with it.  I ordered it with everything which is meat, cheese, sauce, peppers, and pickles.  Like the Italian beef, you will see quite a few variations of this sandwich across the Lehigh Valley area of PA and even greater when compared to the Philadelphia, PA area. I will give it 3.5 stars at this point as it was better than average pub food, but not quite up there with some other restaurants, pizzerias, or standard cheesesteak shops.  It did hit the spot after several beers and a first dip into food for the day in the early afternoon hours.

I was never at this place before.  Great little pub with a nice atmosphere, lots of TVs for Saturday college and high school football watching, and a friendly bar staff.  I will go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment